Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Is this thing on??? *tap*tap*tap*

2010 was a rough year for me and most of the people I know. 2011 can only be better. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am being optismistic and that is not my personality. But you can't blame a girl for trying. My life got thrown into a whirlwind and I got plopped out in a whole different place last year.

This year I am taking time for me...I do a lot for my family and I LOVE them...but we all know the saying, "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!" This can be true in my house to.

We moved last year and I finally have a garage to put my jewelry workshop in. My step-dad is custom making me a bench and really have no excuse for not producing more... Except that I don't take time out for me! 2011 is going to be different!!!!

I have tons of ideas for jewelry, not to mention non-jewelry items to help me fund my silver ($31 an ounce) and stone addiction. On this blog I will show my process for making jewelry, but I am also going to be making lip balm, soy candles, massage candles and fun hair accessories. I am growing out my hair and decided that I need fun stuff to do with it... Well dang it I am artistic enough to make things, people seem to like them (besides my bff's) and think I should put them out there to the masses.

I have decided along with some of my friends to blog once a week. I am hoping this will also help with my creativity...by the way has anyone seen my muse? She loves to hide from time to time. If I do it right this blog will help me keep my New Year's Resolution of more time for me and my muse and help me stay inspired.

Please feel free to comment and give me feedback - I can't wait to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!"

    Girl, ain't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting a blog Janea, and I hope 2011 will be a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inputs on the thread, and look forward to keeping up here as well, thanks!
    I think these blogs are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great start on your blog. Be sure to keep that resolution about taking time for yourself. I learned that one a long time ago and you know what my family made out just fine. Actually it helped my son grow up to be a fine young man. Good luck with 2011. I hope it is a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May 2011 be YOUR year....
    best of luck and looking forward to seeing what you create~

    ReplyDelete